EXPIRA'TION, noun [Latin expiratio, from expiro. See Expire.]
1. The act of breathing out, or forcing the air from the lungs. Respiration consists of expiration and inspiration.
2. The last emission of breath; death.
3. The emission of volatile matter from any substance; evaporation; exhalation; as the expiration of warm air from the earth.
4. Matter expired; exhalation; vapor; fume.
5. Cessation; close; end; conclusion; termination of a limited time; as the expiration of a month or year; the expiration of a term of years; the expiration of a lease; the expiration of a contract or agreement.