1. Thinness; smallness; slenderness; as the finances of a thread or silk. Hence.
2. Consisting of fine threads; as fine linen.
3. Smallness; minuteness; as the fineness of sand or particles; the fineness of soil or mold.
4. Clearness; purity; freedom from foreign matter; as the fineness of wine or other liquor; the fineness of gold.
5. Niceness; delicacy; as the fineness of taste.
6. Keenness; sharpness; thinness; as the finances of an edge.
7. Elegance; beauty; as fineness of person.
8. Capacity for delicate or refined conceptions; as the fineness of genius.
9. Show; splendor; gayety of appearance; elegance; as the fineness of clothes or dress.
10. Clearness; as the fineness of complexion.
11. Subtility; artfulness; ingenuity; as the fineness of wit.