MALE, adjective [Latin masculus, from mas, maris.]
1. Pertaining to the sex that procreates young, and applied to animals of all kinds; as a male child; a male beast, fish, or fowl.
2. Denoting the sex of a plant which produces the fecundating dust, or a flower or plant that bears the stamens only, without pistils.
3. Denoting the screw whose threads enter the grooves or channels of the corresponding or female screw.
MALE, noun Among animals, one of the sex whose office is to beget young; a he-animal.
1. In botany, a plant of flower which produces stamens only, without pistils.
2. In mechanics, the screw whose threads enter the grooves or channels of the corresponding part or female screw.