1. Morally good; acting in conformity to the moral law; practicing the moral duties, and abstaining from vice; as a virtuous man.
2. Being in conformity to the moral or divine law; as a virtuous action; a virtuous life.
The mere performance of virtuous actions does not denominate an agent virtuous
3. Chaste; applied to women.
4. Efficacious by inherent qualities; as virtuous herbs; virtuous drugs. [Not in use.]
5. Having great or powerful properties; as virtuous steel; a virtuous staff; a virtuous ring. [Not in use.]
6. Having medicinal qualities. [Not used.]