1. At or to a great depth; far below the surface; as a passion deeply rooted in our nature; precepts deeply engraven on the heart.
2. Profoundly; thoroughly; as deeply skilled in ethics or anatomy.
3. To or from the inmost recesses of the heart; eith great sorrow; most feelingly.
He sighed deeply in his spirit. Mark 8:12.
He was deeply affected at the sight.
4. To a great degree; as, he has deeply offended.
They have deeply corrupted themselves. Hosea 9.
5. With a dark hye, or strong color; as a deeply red liquor; deeply colored.
6. Gravely; as a deeply toned instrument.
7. With profound skill; with art or intricacy; as a deeply laid plot or intrigue.
This word cannot easily be defined in all its various applications. In general it gives emphasis or intensity to the word which it qualifies.