IMMOV'ABLE, adjective [in and movable.] That cannot be moved from its place; as an immovable foundation.
1. Not to be moved from a purpose; steadfast; fixed; that cannot be induced to change or alter; as a man who remains immovable
2. That cannot be altered or shaken; unalterable; unchangeable; as an immovable purpose or resolution.
3. That cannot be affected or moved; not impressible; not susceptible of compassion or tender feelings; unfeeling.
4. Fixed; not liable to be removed; permanent in place; as immovable estate.
5. Not to be shaken or agitated.