REPETI'TION, noun [Latin repetitio. See Repeat.]
1. The act of doing or uttering a second time; iteration of the same act, or of the same words or sounds.
2. The act of reciting or rehearsing; the act of reading over.
4. Recital from memory, as distinct from reading.
5. In music, the art of repeating, singing or playing the same part a second time.
6. In rhetoric, reiteration, or a repeating the same word, or the same sense in different words, for the purpose of making a deeper impression on the audience.