1. Unfortunate; not successful; as an unlucky man.
2. Unfortunate; not resulting in success; as an unlucky adventure; an unlucky throw of dice; an unlucky game.
[This word is usually applied to incidents in which success depends on single events, to games of hazard, etc. rather than to things which depend on a long series of events, or on the ordinary course of providence. Hence we say, a man is unlucky in play or in a lottery; but not that a farmer is unlucky in his husbandry, or a commander unlucky in the result of a campaign.]
3. Unhappy; miserable; subject to frequent misfortunes.
4. Slightly mischievous; mischievously waggish; as an unlucky boy; an unlucky wag.
5. Ill omened; inauspicious.
Haunt me not with that unlucky face.